Follow us on Facebook
Powered by: ConfamGist
Fire guts Access Bank in Ikotun (Photos) - ConfamGist: News and Entertainment From Around The Globe

HEADER ADS

Fire guts Access Bank in Ikotun (Photos)



Fire on Tuesday gutted ATM gallery of Ikotun branch of Access Bank.
It was learnt that the fire sparked off around 4 pm from a faulty air conditioner at the gallery, which spread through the hallway.
The fire, which reportedly raged for about three hours was put out by officials of the Lagos State Fire Service who responded immediately to the bank.
The fire service director, Mr Rasaq Fadipe, confirming the incident, said the gallery was heavily smoke-logged when they arrived.
He said two fire trucks deployed in the area prevented the fire from spreading to the other parts of the bank.
“The fire affected the batteries and inverters of the ATMs, numbering about six.
“The place was heavily smoke-logged and we had to use a forklift and other apparatus to gain access to put out the fire. The batteries are about 200 voltages each.”
An official of Access Bank, who pleaded anonymity said the fire emanated from a malfunctioning AC in the gallery.
“The fire affected only the ATM gallery. One of the ACs in the gallery malfunctioned and caught fire.
“I don’t have details yet, but everything has been brought under control,” the official said.

To Receive Free News Updates , Add Us BBM Pin: D8C5D049; BBM Channel: C0035C00D

No comments

Powered by Blogger.